Radish has a very distinct flavor when raw, but throughout the season you can simply have had enough of that particular addition to your salads.
Roasting them, though, is a way to change the flavour experience completely.
500 gms of radish, with the green tops removed
1 tablespoon Peanut or Macadamia oil
1 small onion, chopped finely
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Roasted sesame seed oil
Plus some of the ‘Furikake’ seasoning shake that you prepared earlier from your Perillia harvest.
1. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. Cut the radish into quarters.
3. Place them in a casserole dish and toss with Macadamia or Peanut oil.
4. Roast until radishes look tender and starting to brown which usually takes about 25 minutes in a fan forced oven.
5. Remove from oven and add the chopped onion and your soy sauce.
6. Stir to coat them all over and then return the dish to the oven for 5 more minutes.
7. When they are ready you should able to pierce them easily with a fork.
8. Remove the dish from oven and gently drizzle with toasted sesame oil.
9. In another bowl sprinkle some of your Furikake seasoning pour in the Radish mix and toss or stir if necessary.
I would like to contact and purchase piper longum (long pepper) if possible but cannot find ways to do it. Please kindly advise if you do sell them.
Thanks and Best regards,
Sorry Thien, we are no longer selling direct to consumers. Covid has caused changes to our business model. Good luck and we wish you well.